when life gives you lemons!

so I was sitting here thinking about how much I wanted to be home instead of at the office, and I just remembered that this last week I was just talking to the hubby about how we should be happy and greatful for what has been given to us. I was looking for a lesson for FHE tonite and I am talking about a talk that Pdt. Hinckley gave on a dedication, I believe I made this talk a reference and a go to talk for life!
but I was thinking about all the many times were I just focus on the sourness of the lemons that life throws at you so many times, and I now look back and see the potential for lemonade. It was my goal to recognize a blessing every day for this year and thank my Heavenly Father for that blessing... and I was thinking about the tender mercies that He has given me and that many times I haven´t recognized.
I was reading the Tender Mercies talk by E. Bednar and I remembered how many times I have come across those tender mercies, and how they have brought peace and love to my heart when it seemed that I couldnt find comfort. And the so many times when I was soooo very happy and my joy was even bigger when I recognized a tender mercy I have been sooo very blessed in so many times.
We have all been blessed, in so many ways every day of our lives, but we get soo comfortable complaining and just being sad that we get used to the sourness of lemons! but we have to look around for the sugar because it is right there if we just reach a little higher and stand a little taller, and are not stubborn so that we may see the many blessings Heavenly Father puts in our way.
so here is the sugar of my life, in no particular order:
My nephew and molly his puppy who he adores!!!! I just love the puppy love and how happy they both make each other!
 


my crazy husband making weird faces and poses with his "afro" hair and my sunglasses in our empty living room! LOL 
 my good friends at work! they have proven to be great people who are always willing to help out!
 great beautiful sunsets, and the smell of the ocean! 
 an eternal new family! 
 my best friend!!!! love ya my friend!
 great happy loving people and family and friends (who are not all on my picture but you know who you are) 
 my dear mom and loving brother! what would I do without you two! 
 my crazy weird face making nephews! 
 don´t flats just make you want to smile and dance the happy dance!? 
 my fat, cute, fun running partner that always helps me have an excuse to stop for a bit to catch my breath! everyone wants to pet her! 
 our motorcycle! great to find parking spots, and I just love the feeling of the air in my face when the helmet lets me feel it, it just makes me feel adventurous! 
 my cute cuddly nephew who just melts in smiles every time he sees me and makes me feel like the best aunt alive! 
 my flat iron! makes my hair look normal every once in a while! LOL 
 the beautifull creations that remind me every day of the existence of a loving Heavenly Father who created them for me to see and love and marvel! 
 and the list can go on! I am determined now every time life throws lemons at me I will find sugar and make lemonade after all who is crazy enough not to like a great glass of fresh cold lemonade!

0 comments:



Post a Comment